Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Update: Job Hunt

For those following along with my efforts to make a career move I have an update.

The company I've been talking with for the last seven weeks and who has interviewed me multiple times sent me an email today. It seems that the woman who wanted to hire me as soon as the contract was signed with an unnamed (for SEC reasons) US client is no longer in charge of the department. In her email to me today she said that there had been a major shakeup and that someone else was now heading up the Managed Services team. She went on to tell me that she had passed along my CV (did I mention she is in Europe?) and recommendations to her replacement and that he would be in touch at some point.

So now I'm in a state of limbo. I have no idea what the new guy is like, what he thinks about adding someone in to the position that I'm being considered for or what sort of timetable he might be working on. I don't even have the guy's name yet. What I do have going for me as several good interviews with other people in the company and my own set of references and letters of recommendation.

I hope to get a better lay of the land when I get a chance to talk with him but once again the ball is all in their court.

No comments: