Friday, May 19, 2006

Full Circle

In late 2004 I started the blog Life On A Pacific Island. It has gone through fits and starts since that time and changed formats many times.

I kept it here (at blogspot) for a while and then moved it over to a web server I built at home and kept in my small office. In that form I changed it around several times as I experimented with different web tools and content management systems. That was a fun experiment but ultimately it proved to be overkill and I shut the web server down. In fact that box is still sitting under my desk waiting for whatever the next project might be. (I'm thinking it might be a home PBX phone system.)

The next home for the blog was at a community website run by a fellow islander and IT professional. That was MyWhidbey.com and you can still read all of my past posts from that period by clicking here. It was a good home and Sebastian does a great job with the site. He was very helpful in developing several blogger friendly features.

With the move to my newest computer recently I decided to search for a blogging tool that would make it easier for me to write, edit, post and manage entries. I've found one I like and meets my needs but to make it work I needed to come back around to using the blogspot service. And that is why you see a bunch of old posts below.

Your bookmark of http://www.LifeOnAPacificIsland.com will still work (you do have it bookmarked, right?) but you may need to update your RSS feed if you're reading the website that way. I'll add a new link for that soon in the sidebar.

Also don't forget to check out my other blog Speak Like A Geek. And thanks for your readership.

No comments: