Monday, May 16, 2005

It's Alive!

After a long winter break I am happy to announce that Life On A Pacific Island is back!

However, it will only be back in this form for a short amount of time, no more than 6 or 8 weeks I think. Why? I am going to be moving all of this from a blog format to a more flexible news portal style website.

While the blog is good at what it does, it's not great at what is doesn't do. Huh? In short I want to be able to post photo galleries, run polls, have a discussion board and include other fun widgets. To that end I am going to be building a web server and hosting the site myself. As that project unfolds I will continue to post about it here, thus allowing you to get a peek behind the curtain and eventually be among the first to see the new site once it launches.

Be sure to grab the RSS feed from the link on the right side of the page so you can keep up to date on my progress.

No comments: